This workshop is primarily for aspirants who are seeking Deputy Principal or Principal positions.
Alan Kidd worked in Education for 37 years, 30 years of this as a School Principal at every level from level 3 to level 6. He is a strong believer that the depth of leadership in our system is on the decline and our public system relies on strong leadership. As a system we need to foster aspirants who may wish to look at doing Deputy Principal roles or Principals who see themselves as working in larger schools.
This workshop will draw on Alan’s experience to;
- Look at the key attributes of leaders and leadership.
- Differentiate between the job you are doing and the job you want.
- Demonstrate how to project your skills into a new situation.
- Explain what complexity looks like when giving examples
- See leadership as something you can do and unpack what you are doing into identifiable skills.
- Give examples of what should be in a job application and what will get glossed over.
- Articulate the incredible importance of the context of the school you are applying for.
- Explain what not to put in a job application.
- Stress the importance of a belief system, philosophy and an evidence base.
- Look at the structure of an application.
It must be stated that this workshop is sharing the ideas and experiences of one Principal, but be assured, there will be actions that all participants will take away that will change the way they write applications. He won’t be analysing sentence structure and the use of “buzz” words but he will give you a great grounding into what to put into those sentences.
Joelene Lavrick from Life Lessons Australia will be co-presenting this exclusive ‘Get the Edge’ workshop.
There are no reviews yet.